This 3-day course covers everything you’ll need to know to begin raising poultry for both meat and eggs. There’s plenty of hands-on instruction to give you the confidence you’ll need to get started. This comprehensive and intensive course encompasses hands-on workshops with lectures and seminars that cover the following topics:
- How to brood and raise chickens
- How to maintain a productive laying flock
- Health care – disease prevention & treatment
- Feeds and nutrition
- Housing and equipment
- Processing poultry for meat (hands-on)
- How to cook eggs and heritage chickens (meals included)
Thursday your class will be held at The Ploughshare campus. Our Cafe will be open for lunch or you can bring a sack lunch.
Friday and Saturday your class will be held at Claborn Farms and lunch will be provided both days and is included in the price of this class.
This class is from 9 a.m – 5 p.m.