The SustainLife journal is a full-color print publication, sent four times per year.
Inside the journal, you’ll find articles on a variety of topics, including:
- Interviews with Ploughshare teachers.
- Articles about traditional hand-crafts and skills including: pottery, woodworking, blacksmithing, basket making, hand-spinning, soap making and more.
- Thought-provoking “Before Now” column.
- Life in sustainable community.
- Historical buildings on The Ploughshare’s campus.
- Youth articles.
- A series on developing a sustainable water supply.
- The health benefits of seasonal eating, along with recipes and sample menus.
- Traditional small-scale agriculture, including gardening, farming and beekeeping.
Here are links to a few articles from recent issues of the journal:
- The LaRue Barn (Spring 2012)
- Taking Baskets off the Shelf (Spring 2012)
- Food Preservation: A Big Step toward Sustainability (Spring 2012)
- An Introduction to the Top Bar Bee Hive (Winter 2012)
- Tools to Setup Your Home Blacksmith Shop (Winter 2012)
- Our Plans to Build a Wood Fired Kiln (Winter 2012)
- What Our Students are Saying (PDF, Winter 2012)