We’ve greatly expanded our class offerings for 2012. Below is a list of new classes. To find out more about a class or register for it, click the class name.
This comprehensive series of gardening classes will teach you how to raise a large portion of your family’s food, sustainably.
- Gardening I – In this workshop, you’ll learn the foundational concepts and principles involved in gardening and how to select the best site for your garden. You’ll learn about soil and soil fertility, compost, growing beds, watering your garden, and pest control.
- Gardening II – In this class, you will learn how to plan your garden, how to keep journals and records to improve your results, proper crop spacing, crop rotation, cover crops, how to start seeds, how to transplant, and ways to protect your crops in order to extend the gardening season.
- Gardening III – The third class builds on the previous two classes. You’ll learn about saving seed from your current garden for next year’s or next season’s garden along with companion planting. We’ll also cover greenhouse design and how to do year-round gardening, so that you can get a food supply from your garden in all seasons.
- Baby Quilt – In this two day class, you’ll learn the basic quilt making skills of fabric selection, rotary cutting, chain sewing, piecing squares, adding borders, laying-up, hand quilting, and making and applying a binding as you begin making a 36″ x 36″ baby quilt. You will cut out, piece, and lay up your quilt in the class, and we’ll teach you hand quilting and binding, so that you can complete your quilt at home.
- Table Runner – This one day class is a nice introduction to quiltmaking on a small project. You’ll learn several quilt making skills, including fabric selection and rotary cutting as you sew an 11 1/2″ x 38 1/2″ table runner. In the class, you will cut out, piece, and lay up the table runner, and you will learn all the skills needed in order for you to complete the project at home.