In light of Governor Greg Abbott’s recent announcement regarding the reopening of Texas, we are happy to announce that we have reopened the Homestead Craft Village and Ploughshare Campus. We have reopened Ploughshare classes and will provide more details soon about upcoming and re-scheduled classes. In keeping with the governor’s order and State health officials’ guidelines, here are a few of the things we are doing for the safety of our customers and employees:
- Limiting building occupancies to 50%
- Protective face coverings for staff involved in direct customer service and teaching
- Multiple hand-washing stations throughout the craft village grounds
- Hand sanitizer in all classrooms and masks and gloves available to students if they wish
- Hourly sanitization of door handles, counters and the like, using EPA-approved disinfectant
The Craft Village is open during its regular hours. Café Homestead will continue to be open for take-out orders and has returned to its normal hours for dine-in service. They also have launched a special menu for front door delivery in the Waco region.
Even though the number of people inside the shops will be limited to 50% of capacity, there is plenty of fresh air and beautiful places for walks through the gardens and outdoors. We will continue to monitor the ongoing situation and will be updating you as changes occur. We hope and pray you and your families stay safe in these unsettling times and really look forward to seeing you again!
The Staff at the Ploughshare