The Ploughshare will have a booth at the Texas Organic Farmers and Gardeners Conference (TOFGA) in Mesquite, Texas on February 17-19, Friday through Sunday. Two of The Plougshare’s staff, Butch Tindell and Aaron Alexander will be managing our booth. We welcome you to drop by and say, “Hello.”
TOFGA is an organization that seeks to educate and facilitate networking between organic and sustainable producers (farmers and gardners) in Texas. The Ploughshare is a TOFGA member and one of the sponsors of this conference.
At the conference, there will be three days of sessions or seminars. We can’t be sure exactly what the content of these will be, but a few that looked interesting to us are:
- Intensive Grazing (Sabino Cortez, Erath Earth)
- Organics on a Budget (Justin Duncan, Prairie View A&M)
- Poultry Production (Jules Assata, Shades of Green and Jennifer Huf, Slow Food Farm)
- Goats and Lamb (Ty Wolosin, Windy Hill Farm)
- Microogreens (Hans Hansen, Twin Persimmons Farm)
- Drought Management Resources (Alyssa Burgin, Texas Drought Project)
- Edible Ornamentals for North Texas (Leslie Finical Halleck, Halleck Horticultural)
- Vermicomposting (Heather Rinaldi, Texas Worm Ranch)
To see the full list of sessions, visit: http://www.tofga.org/2012_program
The conference will be held at the Mesquite Convention Center at Rodeo Center.